The classic combination of chocolate and coffee is one that not many people can say no to. We’ve whipped up a quick and easy chocolate coffee mousse for those days where you need an extra hit of sugar and cream with your coffee. Careful though, it’s addictive and pretty rich…but very yummy!
Serves: Around 6-8
- 500ml double cream
- 225g dark chocolate
- 150ml Brown Bear Original Blend coffee (Pre-brewed strongly)
- 250g brown sugar
How to Make
- Break the chocolate up into small pieces and melt in a saucepan along with the coffee, over a fairly low heat. Stir until the mixture is smooth and completely melted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Beat the cream in a large bowl until it forms soft peaks and starts to thicken – a cold bowl will help the cream to thicken.
- Add the sugar slowly to the cream (1 tablespoon at a time), until you have used all the sugar. Beat the cream until stiff and the sugar is blended in properly.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the whipped cream and mix gently, ensuring that the mixtures are blended well.
- Spoon the chocolate mousse into 6-8 small containers or glasses and allow to chill in the fridge.
- Serve with more fresh cream and grated chocolate on top of the mousses.