It’s that time of year again, where all the Christmas goodies come out. The rich foods, sweet treats can now be accompanied by the delicious smell of freshly brewed coffee with a hint of warm, nutty gingerbread. Here’s our take on the classic Christmas coffee recipe…Gingerbread Latte.
- 500ml water
- 350ml brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Around 350ml freshly brewed espresso (Mambo Italiano, Original, Cub Espresso would be perfect)
- Around 235ml steamed & frothy milk
- Whipped double cream
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- Mix all the syrup ingredients including water, sugar, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla in a saucepan over a low to medium heat.
- Bring the syrup to boiling point and then reduce the heat, leaving to simmer for around 15 to 20 mins until the mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Brew a double shot of espresso. While that’s brewing, warm or steam your milk using your preferred method.
- Layer up your latte by pouring your espresso into a tall latte glass, adding around 4 tablespoons of syrup topped with the warm / steamed milk. Gentle stir the mixture.
- For that additional indulgence, top the latte with some whipped cream and a small pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Share with friends and enjoy!
It might seem like a lot of effort to go to for just a latte, but it’s totally worth it and you can make more syrup and save for quite a while in the fridge.